Sunday, April 08, 2007

Online slaughter

I've just played a few hours of the fps (first person shootemup game), Ghost Recon. I've played this game off and on since my wife got it for me around 3 years ago. This was the first time I have played online.

There's potentially a lot to say about the experience. Let's say it was a blast, and a very unforgiving and uncompromising game environment.

Hilight was one mission where the team I'm on is trying to clear out an embassy ground. I somehow got into the game with only two pistols (everyone else has at least an SLR, if not heavy weapons). I snuck around, and allowed my wingman, Lizardking, to distract the last remaining enemy while I snuck up on his flank and got him with one pistol shot. Cool.

I don't like the fact the servers keep crapping out, nor that the ping rate for us aussies seems to be way high generally, a measure of the distance between ourselves and the global centres of online computer gaming.

No comments: