Friday, June 29, 2007

More chitter

Firstly, apologies to those of you who are more keen on the tabletop experience than that which has presently grabbed my fancy. I am obviously, however, thoroughly enjoying the challenge of flying the flight sim IL46, and gain a lot of satisfaction from the civilised (generally) online interaction which accompanies my present flying. I have just completed about 90min on the Wildcat v Zeke server, flying over Okinawa. This is a full realism server, so it was quite a challenge.

Was nice to be able to hop back into a mustang, which though it is crap at turning I am at least familiar with. Also managed to get a badly shot up Ki84 down in a crash landing, and another to a undercarriage crumpling halt on the deck. For first time ever I used teamspeak with someone who I only know as a fellow pilot (from NSW). It added another set of eyes to my surveillance of the sky. Good fun.

Secondly, I went to a hobby shop today to look at model planes (1:72 and 1:48 scales mainly). It was pretty good to see that most of the (generally russian) planes that I either fly now or will soon are available in model form. I didn't get any, but a 1:48 IL 16 type 10 grabbed my fancy. It was a bit pricey at about $60, but would be fun to make up in the skin of a Spanish Civil War plane. I believe it's the right model. That would make an interesting photo essay I think.

No comments: