Sunday, May 13, 2007

3 PF Missions

I have been busy today. I somehow managed to find time to do a few things around the house while I rectified my first two Pacific Fighters scenarios (to make them 'historical', though the RNZAF Buffalo in the July 24 Mission is a flight of Anzac wargaming fancy). I also wrote a third mission, based upon the first air raid experienced on Gurney Field in the campaign (Aug 4). By the next scenario (Aug 7), radar will be operational - allowing a 20 v 12 P40 v Zero dogfight. It will be interesting to see how far I can push the amazing Full Mission Builder within the game engine.

Here's a flavour of what I've done so far:

July 24, 1942. Dusk. Brewster Buffalo scrambles from Gurney Field to catch high flying 'Emily' Recce plane.
July 26, 1600 hours. 2 P40 Kittyhawks head off to ambush 'Emily' over northern islands. Prowling Zeros.
Aug 4, 1630 hours. Patrol of Kittyhawks diverted to protect Gurney from raiding 'Val' divebomber plus zeros.

No comments: