Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Photos - 6mm Republican Armour

Russia supplied the Republic with the vast majority of its armoured (and air) force. From late '37 (?) this included what was then the quickest most versatile tank in general use, the BT models. Irregular miniatures makes a BT 7 model. Here are a couple of them creeping over the lower crest of my new hills...



A lot more T26s were supplied, initially T26A's, with 37mm cannon, but then T26Bs with thicker frontal armour and a 47mm gun. Here's a column of them working the way down a slope with a BT7 (second last vehicle)...


Here's the whole column, with T26s advancing up the valley, BT7s drawing up on the slope above, and a (out of focus) Pulitov armoured car on the near rise...



I think that the Russians provided BA3s as armoured cars to the Republic, which also produced its own models in various collectivised factories (and then under centralised control in the central and sourthern regions of the Republic). However, at the time I bought these models I didn't know this, and thus used some WWI Pulitovs on the assumption that Stalin would have offloaded various of his old gear on his 'allies'. In game terms, it doesn't make much difference and I like their exotic look (two turrets).

3 comments:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Greetings, pleader. Thanks for dropping by on my blog. You seem to be a consummate gamer as well. I'm not too keen on historical gaming right now (rarely paid attention to my old History classes), but who knows?

My folks reside in Brisbane. I hear Warhammer is pretty popular there. They send me WH stuff but still visit me here in the Philippines from time to time. Is Adelaide far from Brisbane?

Anyway, what rulesets do you follow for your miniature gaming? And is it like Warhammer with pointages, etc.?

martin said...

Hi Pleader, that's some large numbers of 6mm figs you have there. Enjoying reading the blog, keep it up!

Adelaide Gamer said...

Thanks guys. I'll get to your comments soon, shink1m.

I only did boring history for a couple of years at highschool. I was always interested in military matters.

Brisbane is around 2000 kms from Adelaide, seem to have a more overtly active wargaming society there.

We dibble dabble making up our own rules and testing them. Thus, always one (constantly evolving) set of rules is in place ('Al Fronte').

I craft each scenario, the point values of various elements is only part of the game design equation.