Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wargaming Blogsters

Obvulessly my wargaming hobby has expanded its influence over my time on the net. That's not a bad thing, this blog itself I believe contributes something to the world we live in. I thought originally it would just be something interesting to do, a bit of a log of games, a record of my ongoing pastime and sometimes social pursuit. But it has grown into much more than that.

How? By transforming itself from a private pursuit to an ongoing entity in the worldwide virtual community of gamers. I think I started to realise that there are others like me out there when I discovered Miniature Wargaming. That led to The Miniatures Page, and its forums. And they led me to this list of wargame blogs.

I've checked out several, and recognise the mentality behind some of the posters. Scary, eh? But nice to know that I'm not the only one with this sense of black even handed competitive humour out there.

No comments: