Monday, January 07, 2013

Why didn't I think of that?

Over at Steve's Random Musings on Wargames and Other Stuff I came across his most recent, culminating, battle from his Wars of the Spanish Succession Project.  His site (hard to just call it a blog) is an old school wargamer's paradise (at least, for those like me who came to the 'hobby' of wargaming via Charles S. Grant and friends), a very good example of what blogging based creativity can come up with.

Anyways, the last photo on the most recent battle report has the following picture on it:

Skype plus Charles S. Grant
 
When I saw it I instinctively thought, 'wow, of course.'  And then, 'why didn't I think of that?'  I wonder how many other wargamers out there are into this form of gaming, is there a meeting place to find opponents, etc etc.  Maybe TMP?  Hmmm, if I find time will have to go and look.

3 comments:

Charles Cab said...

For vassal boardgaming we use gacebook. Its a great way to meet other players https://www.facebook.com/groups/vassalwargamers/

ch said...

Good idea !

genuine_pills said...

Now that is photography. Its really nice. Colors are vibrant and it looks so alive. I wish i had like those cute little guys hehe. This is how the internet connects us all together and share ideas even if we are far away from each other. By the way, you might want to use the internet not just for blogging but also make money online by joining an affiliate program. This is the power of the internet. You can stay home and still be an enterprenuer